Our Commitment to Privacy
We collect two types of information:
- Standard Web server traffic pattern information. General traffic, site usage, and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files. This type of information is shared externally only on an aggregated basis.
- Personal information. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. If you personalize a website, volunteer, order a book, request information, or donate, for example, we may collect the following information: first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and subject of inquiry.
Personal information may be needed for certain optional online activities:
- Purchase of online educational materials/subscriptions: In the future, if you choose to order educational materials/subscriptions from our online store, we collect standard credit card information (card number, card type, expiration date) and keep a record of your financial transaction. Credit card numbers are held only until the charge can be processed (usually several minutes), then the number is only available to Customer Service for purposes of problem resolution.
- Contributions: If you choose to donate to our organization, we maintain a record of your contribution. Your financial information will be treated as described above in "Purchase of online educational materials/subscriptions."
- Requests: If you submit an online request for WHF or Total Control® products such as free brochures, or submit a question through a "contact us" query, we may have to gather additional information from you to respond to your request. Such information will vary with the request but often includes name, shipping address, telephone number, and email address.
- Public Forums: If you choose to participate in a chat room, discussion board, news group or another public forum that we make available to our users, please remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding whether or not to disclose your personal information.
- Letter to Congress: When available, if you choose to generate an email to your Congressional representative on our site, we receive a blind copy of the email. We may use your letter or information from your letter to further educate Members of Congress about our incontinence advocacy priorities.
We limit the use of information provided to us on our website to the following:Internal Use
- If you do not make a service request, donation, purchase, or otherwise identify yourself, we will have no personally identifiable information about you. We will only use aggregate information derived, in part, from your use of our site to improve our site and our service to you.
- We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us by email. Inquiries may be forwarded to the appropriate WHF/ Total Control® department for response and may be entered into our constituent database. If your name is entered into the database, we may contact you (see (3) below).
- If you provide personal information, we may enter your name into our constituent database and contact you in order to:
- Complete voluntary surveys seeking feedback for quality and service improvement purposes.
- Supply you with information including incontinence related health news, WHF programs, events and services.
- Solicit newsletter subscriptions (when available).
- Solicit donations both privately and confidentially.
- Request voluntary time or monetary contributions to WHF.
Your health-related information is privileged and confidential and will not be shared or released to any organization or business entity other than those affiliated with or working in conjunction with WHF as follows:
- We occasionally use third parties to assist us in locating participants for clinical trials for further research for the treatment of incontinence. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service and prohibit them from using that information for any other purpose.
- We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service and prohibit them from using that information for any other purpose.
- We have relationships with companies that conduct charitable sales promotions and commercial co-ventures that support us in our mission and activities. If you provide us with your mailing address, we may pass your contact information to these companies so that they may ask you if you are interested in receiving their services. Your choice to use their services will benefit us; the amount of money we receive from these entities as a result of your participation is disclosed at the time you are contacted about the service. You are under no obligation to respond and the companies are restricted from using your contact information for any other purpose.
We respect your privacy and allow you to restrict internal and external sharing of your personal information. We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you and we offer the following options:
- Do not contact me by telephone.
- Do not contact me by postal mail.
- Do not contact me by email.
- Do not contact me with fundraising requests supporting the Women's Health Foundation.
- Limit your fundraising appeals to semiannual solicitations only.
- Do not contact me or share my information with anyone.
For more information on how to inform us of any desired restrictions, please click on the following link: opt out. If you contact us with an opt-out request, all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that you will not receive any of the selected communications from us in the future. If you do not wish to opt out at this time, you may do so at a later date should you so desire.
If you opt back into a specific service, you will receive communication in that manner, regardless of your overall opt out selections. These services may include newsletter subscriptions or email communication by asking a question using "Contact Us
Upon request, we will provide you with the information we maintain about you so that you may request corrections. This information will be sent via postal mail, which we believe is the most secure method of communication. Please contact us in writing at:Women's Health Foundation Security and Privacy Requests
632 West Deming Place
Chicago, IL 60614-2676
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing information or making corrections.Data Security
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and to honoring your choices for its intended use. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards. We process your financial transactions (donations and educational materials/subscriptions purchases) via encrypted SSL sessions. SSL is the industry standard for securing Web-messaging transactions. Inside Total Control®
and WHF, data is stored in password-controlled servers. Our staff and volunteers are educated about the importance of safeguarding your information and we are committed to holding them accountable for protecting your confidentiality. However, such precautions do not guarantee that our website is invulnerable to all security breaks. WHF makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation that the use of our Web site is protected from viruses, security threats, or other vulnerabilities and that your information will always be secure.
Whenever WHF permits an external third party to access personally-identifiable information, appropriate procedures are followed to help ensure that the information is used only for authorized purposes and by authorized persons in a manner consistent with the choices WHF constituents have made under this statement, and that the security, integrity and privacy of the information is maintained. While WHF will employ procedures to help ensure that your information is only used for authorized purposes as described above, we cannot make any guarantees with respect to the actions or policies of such third parties.Internal Links
Because of the various programs and services at WHF, there are several privacy notices to inform our constituents of policies specific to the activity in which they are participating.External Links
Our privacy policies apply only to your use of the WHF and Total Control®
websites. This site contains links to other sites, including sites that have a special relationship with us. We do not disclose personably identifiable information to those operating linked sites, and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. Links to other sites do not imply an endorsement of the materials or policies on those websites. You should read the privacy policies of each site you visit to determine what information that site may be collecting about you.
or write to:Women's Health Foundation
632 West Deming Place
Chicago, IL 60614-2676Policy Updates
We reserve the right to update this policy at any time. If a material change is made to the policy, we will email all registered users at the email address provided at time of registration.